Corporate Interviews are the final decision making step in the recruitment programme. Recruiters usually include one or more interviews before deciding to hire a candidate. Any corporate interview process has 2 aspects – technical round and personal round. In spite of strong technical abilities, students underachieve. This comes from
- Inadequate experience with case studies and inability to harness their problem solving ability
- Inability to articulate their aspirations, accomplishments, experiences etc.
- Stress of the process
The industry is always on the look-out for well-rounded people. Ability to carry one off well provides additional brownie points in the interview process. The solution to this problem is focused prior preparation. The self-assessment questionnaire covers these questions in advance.
The highlights of this module are:
- Exposure to short case studies – Domain specific interview based on student’s preferred area
- Ability to communicate what their resume conveys – background, experiences, aspirations
- Comfort with behavioral questions
- Do’s and Don’ts for interviews
This practice interview will cover both the technical and personal aspects of the student and the points mentioned in their resume. This will give the students a firsthand experience of the rounds conducted during placement interviews.
The interviews are conducted by industry professionals. Each student is interviewed by a person who is currently in a role that the student aspires to be in ensuring that the student gets the most relevant actionable feedback available. It also serves as forum for the student to clarify career paths and future opportunities available.